Tuesday 21 November 2006

Desmond and the Grin that Stole the Sanity.

Sometimes, out of nowhere, something will cause me to grin uncontrollably to myself. Those times, I feel the muscles at the either ends of my mouth tighten up, and there I'd go, grinning like my life depended on it.

It can be over everything and anything really; alot of snacks left over in the office; lots of milk in the fridge; nice show on tv. Times like these, the monologue to myself begins. "Desmond, stop smiling like that. If someone catches you, you won't be able to explain yourself. You'll betray your neurosis, and we know your inwardly-neurosis keeps you outwardly-sane."

Of cos the grinning is part of the inward crazy that's spilling over, eating away at the normal, even mundane, exterior. Like termites eating your precious wood pieces, or like me at the chinese new year-table, wiping the table clean of pineapple tarts.

Still, here are some things you could do, when you get high and start to laugh at everything and anything.
1.) Take out your handphone, and pretend to be talking on the phone.
2.) Put your fist in your mouth, so you'll stop laughing.
3.) Just laugh out loud.

The bible says, "A merry heart, doeth good like a medicine." :)

No comments: