Thursday 6 December 2007

Desmond and The Happy Ending.

**** Spoiler for 'Enchanted' Alert *****

I watched Enchanted yesterday with some of the youths.

I've gotta say, during the first few animated scenes, I clasped my hands over my face, and thought to myself, "My word. A cartoon. What am I doing here?"

And a few scenes later, this thought struck me. "HEY! I used to like cartoons."

(Anyone rmbs the times I would blog about justice league? and x-men evolution? For crying out loud, my blog template is the stinking batmobile! oh man. And i'm wearing a mickey mouse shirt now! hahaha... )

Thing is, by the end of the movie, I knew for SURE, I'm a chick flick, happy-(predictable)-ending kinda guy. Sure I like my fair share of the emo-drama-days-of-our-lives thing. But there's something about a disney movie that reverts you to a state of 'almost-delusion'.

A state of regained hope in cartoons.
A state where, Princes marry Princesses they've only met for a day.
A state of child-like faith, if you must, in things that this world tries it's hardest to downplay.

(So the ending wasn't all that edifying... as jon and i were saying. but still......)

Happy endings make me happy. (Hence the 'Happy' in the phrase.)

And if anything, I know I have one with God.
:) Thank You for loving me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.