Sunday 15 February 2009

Desmond and Cinema Dilema.

Maybe it's the result of watching too many shows with too little happy endings -- I've become re-wired to expect bad, painful, endings.

Or rather, not to expect happy endings.

Between the dramas, plays and films I study in school, and the B-grade shows I watch on Cinemax and late-night Channel 5, there's enough drama to last a lifetime. (Oh kay. I exaggerate. But you get my point.)

I watched Slumdog Millionaire the other day and it was a rather painful show. It was good, but painful. Bittersweet. My mind was spinning as I tried to sort the movie, among other things, after I left the cinema. And I realised that somewhere in the middle of the film, I had already psyched myself for a bad, orge-tale ending. I expected the worst.

EDIT/SPOILER:* I realised I forgot to say that the movie ended well. And my fears of a bad ending were unfounded.*

I guess I'm really trying to say: I've turned into a popcorn-bucket-half-empty guy.

Anyway, that's that. What I need right now is to watch some brainless, ridiculous, Adam Sandler chickflick. No more thinking.

Disclaimer: I don't drink. I just like the shot.

8 comments:

estherfoong. said...

I cannot take shows without happy endings. I rmbr I got so depressed for a few days when I watch a HK serial once. But I usually just make up my own happy ending and psycho myself it ended the way I wanted it to be. Yay to CHICKFLICKS! :D

. said...

Haha yea! CHICKFLICKS! To be fair, Slumdog Millionaire had a happy ending. I forgot to mention that at the end of my post. Haha..

Charis said...

HAHAHAHA I LIKE THE DISCLAIMER. :D

Anonymous said...

haha I like it too!

-=SF=- said...

Yea.. watch more HK dramas then.. They always have happy endings.. I don't know what esther foong watched though.. Must have been some 1960s show! :D

Anonymous said...

YEE. haha no HK shows. No cheena heekah shows. haha.. I miss my english shows!! STUPID HIATUS.

Anonymous said...

Des what shot was it? Tequila? =p

Charis said...

It is beer luh ah tan!!! Tequila. Hahah