Friday 15 May 2009

Desmond and His Merry Land.


(Edit: The video does not work on my laptop, and I am rather disappointed. But I'm going to post this entry anyways, because it's my party and I can cry if I want to. Click here for Danny and Kris' duet performance of Styx's Renegade.)

In my happy little world, where I am happy King of my happy little people, I can understand why I even know this song by Styx. And in my happy reign with my merry making and cherry drinking, I can even accept why I like the song.

But dethrone me, and oh my word... I listen to the weirdiest things.

I haven't been following American Idol as much as I could have, considering the holidays, but when I saw this video, it triggered a Royal Monologue, sans the trumpet players: "
I know this song. Dear me. I know this song. Why do I know this song. Shoot. It was on repeat for awhile. On repeat?! Why in the... how could... No I was... EH. The original was better!"
Taking a line out of Simon's many, I say, "no disrespect to either of them, because they were brilliant," but the original was better.

In any case, it was a mighty good season with Kris, Danny and a few others. And while I will not disclose the results from last night in respect for the ones who have not watched it, I will say this: Kate Perry is weird.

That's that folks, Desmond, out!

Oh what the heck, Desmond, in! IT WAS DANNY! WHY!?

Okey (G)okey, Desmond, out.

2 comments:

manda said...

:( so saddening! danny gokey!!! your first mancrush is out! ok i know u like kris better now but danny is soooo good too! :(

des said...

YEA. sadness. I would have loved a kris danny finale.