Thursday 11 June 2009

Desmond and the Modified Ice Cream.


(Click to view video: How Smelly is the Durian?)

Durian season is back in town, and so demands the arising of the Pro and Non-pro-durian factions.

For the record, I am Pro-durian.

Why? Because I love the durian, and it's creamy goodness. There is a bittersweet taste that lingers after you bite into the soft, tangy, flesh of the yellow drop of heaven. It's like ice cream that has been modified to melt slowly, so that the delight of the durian is prolonged, stimulating every tastebud. That, and because it irritates my friends who hate it.

That said, I have to admit I'm not a fan of the durian's interesting smell. I don't appreciate its funky smell on my fingers, even if I do not think it is as smelly as the video above suggests.

But we must pay the price for the things we love: Smelly fingers, and ten dollars a box.

(You may go out into the highways and the by-ways, into markets and super-markets, to feast on the wonderfully-and-fearfully-made-durian. Afterall, it is the durian season. And while this individual does not hate the smell (prefering to say he is unappreciative of it), you might want to use a spoon or chopsticks, like he has done in the past. Although, he reckons bare-fingers is the way to go.)

When the doctor said, "2 servings of fruit a day," he probably didn't mean the durian.

3 comments:

manda said...

Creamy..... reminds me of what mr quek called you. hahas

btw i'm going ho chi minh, vietnam tmr early morning alrd.. be back on tues! :) tty soon

des said...

haha, nonsense. anyways have fun!! (:

JasonT said...

hahaha yup I agree with your last line. because seriously, 2 servings just ain't enough..