Saturday 29 August 2009

Desmond and the Gallaghers.

Noel Gallagher quits Oasis
"The future of rock group Oasis was plunged into doubt Saturday after lead guitarist Noel Gallagher dramatically announced he was quitting because he can no longer work with his brother Liam." (Full article here.)
I've followed their current (rather amusing) feud for quite awhile now, but I have to say, I did not expect the split. Sure, it's been intense, but it's the Gallagher brothers we're talking about! They've always been antagonistic to each other, and in spite of the sibling rivalry, Oasis has still delivered year after year of good music.

I would have created a playlist of their songs in honor of them (or rather, their incredibly understanding bandmates). But playlist has also decided on the path of antagonism, and so you can really just guess how my said attempt went.

So here's to Oasis: It was a good run, and I'd love to see what happens next. And here's to Playlist.com: Work!

2 comments:

dot said...

sad eh! why they like that! :(

des said...

Haha, now it's more like WonderWhy.