Monday 16 July 2012

Desmond and the Long Break.

Blogger has dropped out of the popularity race, and now all the cool kids are endorsing the indie-ish tumblr and the incessant twitter. I have to say--and be slightly embarrassed while I do--that I have a tumblr. Several, in fact, and I actually have followers. Hee! Of course, most of the times, the people who think they are cool, really aren't, and so I really am not either. Also? I'm a sell-out for not updating my blogspot for three months now. Yes, that day finally came, and multiplied itself a hundred times over. I stopped blogging.

This blog has held a lot of history for me. I've seen myself grow, and I've seen my childishness, and dare I say it, my brief flashes of maturity. I've been overtly and unwisely honest at times, and mind-scrambling-ly guarded on other occasions, and in all of it, I've used writing this blog as a means to mark my time and remember my moments.


2012 so far has been a year of moments. Of course, every year has moments, but as we all know, certain moments in our lives are milestones. Towards the end of April, I finally got my own room. Yes, it's been a loooong and whine-ful wait, but I now have a room to clean and take care of, to slather with photos and other half-baked crafts that I know are terrible, but choose to think are stamps of my creative individuality. I finally have a room to call my own.

Of course, 2012 also marks the end of my undergraduate studies. I'm still waiting to have my convocation which happens in approximately 2 weeks, but that's a milestone too. I am a graduate! I get to wear a gown and a clunky hat, and worry about falling on the stage, and getting no cheers. I get to leave my schooling, laid-out, timetable days, behind, and enter the pre-working limbo of hours and hours of drama shows and spontaneous and continuous eating. Basically where nothing is dictated by any sort of time-based system. I've been living that for about 2 months now, and believe me, it's a heck of a slow-acting freak house. When the freak reaches it's maximum (which for me is kinda now), it hits you hard and shows no mercy. The only way to counter it is to rally up an inexperienced army of past working experience (none), and other past vaguely-relevant achievements that really aren't much to boast about anyways.

That's the next milestone--looking for a job. Which is really where I'm at now. I'm in-between states, and I'm in-between a rock and an incredibly soft and comfortable place which I now have to leave because of eviction on the grounds of graduation. It's unsettling and scary, and I just want to huddle up in my blanket and cry on my bed. The bad news is, I can't do that forever. The good news is... I now have a room where I can do that in private confidence.

Thank God for 2012's milestones. Some, and counting.






(I applied for some places, and we'll see who gets back. Also, I went to the gardensbythebay the other day. )

No comments: