Thursday 1 January 2015

Desmond and the New Year, 2015 ed.

It's been a long time in a short while.

And since the New Year bandwagon came along, I thought it'd be good to jump on.

I didn't blog at all in 2014, which I'll chalk down to a busy working-adult life. In the midst of job stresses, I hadn't had much chance to slow down; and even when I did, I didn't have energy to spare.

Yet, through the busy year, I've had the chance to travel twice: to New Zealand in February and March, and Hong Kong in September. I guess it's true -- Work hard, and bloody well play hard. Because work will be hard on you whether you want it or not.

I'll also chalk it down to a busy personal life. 2014 was rather without any personal pubescent drama. No over-thinking personal issues (only work issues) and no sad mopping in late nights over sad music. I think, personal life-wise, I've been happy. Happy enough to not write! Hee.

As I take stock, I also see the graciousness of God throughout my year. Whether or not I saw it, in many difficult periods, God carried me through. And in some way, I think I'm better off than when I started 2014. I pray that 2015 will be the same, and I'll purposefully see Him more.

So, here's to a great 2015. To the people I've loved, and who loved me in 2014, here's to more in the new year. To myself, play harder, and worry less about work -- you've worried so much that it's taken up most of your  mind in 2014. Now that you've past the pubescent stage (delayed), learn to understand that work will never trump the people or things that matter. That's true growing up: when you understand the shortness of life, and the purpose of living. And write more! You need the practice; this entry's terrible!

HAPPY NEW YEAR. :)

No comments: