Thursday 19 January 2006

The One About Awareness.

CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE!

Our entire life is generously splattered with specks of Change. I was talking to a fren (X) that day, and somehow the conversation went in the direction of X teasing me about something. So i gave X a quick sacarstic retort, and X was pretty surprised at how I shot back. X was laughing when X gave me the I-can't-believe-DESMOND-did-that look.

And of cos I was abit stunned that X shot me that look. Cos I didn't think that I would have reacted differently when X last saw me. of cos X thought otherwise.

It's just goes to show that well, sometimes we aren't aware of changes we go through. And I realised how important it is to know yourself, and how you've changed. I tink people who are calm and composed when faced with difficulty, and are greatly respected by others are the people who not only know their audience, know their surroundings, but also know themselves.

I mean its like knowing your strength and weaknesses. I heard a comment once that made alot of sense.. that in business you've gotta use your weaknesses (not just your strengths) to your advantage.

MAN! Now i'm trying hard to rmb which show it was.......... i tink it was a reality show. BTW, as a really really offpoint side note, I tink nicole (from america's next top model) is so pretty.. Ok. she's not that pretty but i like that english beauty look. OH LIV TYLER..... somebody hold me... haha..

Ok. back. Yah and that boils down to self awareness. if you can understand how you work, you'll know what works best for you. I wrote once about knowing who you are in Christ. I guess its also self awareness, knowing your authority as children of God.

Self awareness. Self awarness. Self awareness.

Ok, one thing about myself that I'm aware of? I'm getting fatTER and fatTER each day. And my plans to go jogging, always starts tomorrow. Maybe i should just go now.




Or maybe tmr.
Haha..

7 comments:

Hannah said...

desmondd! new template! but so weird, commenting here. i miss mr doodly-boardly. =( oh but nice little ditty you got up there.. did i tell you i watched that episode? aii she's funny. =D haha.

eh. good point you make there. i never thought about it. about knowing self, surroundings and one's audience. it's food for thought. (good, hopefully i'll eat less for the rest of the day. heh.)

liv tyler IS pretty.. but charlize theron is Beautiful. haha. =P

oh yeah i'm getting fatter too! my mama's giving not-so-subtle hints like, 'you've been eating all day' (HAH. now you know.) and 'no, don't buy nutella cos hannah will just eat and eat'. =( somebody come here and take all the food from my house! actually work is good. i didn't eat from 1pm to 1030pm today. oh but when i got home i ate prata. whoops.

this is awfully chatty for a comment. oh well. happy reading =)

Anonymous said...

haha,yea template. haha.. its abit funny for me. haha.. maybe i'll change back... i have so much time to anyways. WAHAHA..

btw..liv tyler all the way man.. charlize theron belongs to King Kong. she can stay with him actually. haha..

-des

col said...

ehh wats with the uncle skin lahh..... go find a nicer one!!

Anonymous said...

to each his own..
(but charlize theron IS BEAUTIFUL.)

col! it's uncle ah. i didn't think so le. does that make me auntie? eh wait. i'm already grandma.. okay nvm. *thatflusteredlookyouknowohsowell*

eh just because ppl don't have cool funky skins like yours it doesn't mean it's uncle laa. haha. (someone just realised her templates are just plain colours too.)

Anonymous said...

haha, hannah your blogserver doesn't allow any other templates wad.. haha..

anyways, yea. i'm uncle desmond. i wear uncle slippers and carry an uncle umbrella when it rains. and apparently, i just became an uncle with a blog.

haha.. i'm so lazzzzzy to look for blogskins. and besides the comment function is so fun!! its like havin a mini blog in my blog. haha.. that we can all take part in!! haha

col said...

haha yeah n juz to complete the entire "uncle" package, u rmb the time in seiyu?? where we made u change into tis ultra ah pek shirt? hahahahaha........

Anonymous said...

goodness. my life is plagues by the uncle syndrom. I'm destined to be an uncle.. uncle desmond. haha.. or shld i call myself uncle ng, like uncle oon. haha..