Wednesday 4 January 2006

The One About (Gross) Public Transport.

Ok. Today was the first time this year, that I took public transport to CCK. On sunday, we had john, who is my lifesaver i've gotta say.. transport-wise. haha

BUT TODAY.

WO-HOHO. TODAY.

Today I got on the bus, as innocently as I can. And like always, I lifted my wallet to the great money-eater. The one which doesn't eat if you have the VIP pass - the revered Concession. Well, since the A's, I've not had my bus-amulet renewed. But that was fine.

Today.

Today, I lifted my poor amulet-less wallet to the great money-eater (or the GME), and I did not hear the usual, comforting chime I've heard for the past few years. No BEEP BEEP. In its place was the siren song, BEEP(S). ( S here stands for BEEP(singular), not BEEP(many times)).

The reality of Adult-Fare hit me hard. It is expensive to travel now. My heart goes out to all who travel with Adult-Fare. He's the worst friend you can make on a bus trip.

I've got an unwanted frieeeend. I guess that's a good reason to stay home, and cab more.

No comments: