Wednesday 11 January 2006

The One About The Rain.

Its been pouring for the past few days. I gotta admit, KNOWING FULL WELL the immediate protests i would receive from many, but I simply enjoy rainy days.

Yes, I know too that rainy days has its flaws. For one, travelling becomes a major bummer. What with carrying an umbrella just to cross one road for the whole time you are going out - the road between your side of the road, to the opposite road to get to the busstop. The clothes are taking awfully long to dry also. Clothes are being hung up everywhere in my house, its like living in a laundromat, save the washing machines and the coins.

But here are some reasons why i love the rain..

1.) The cool weather is amazing. You hardly get cool weather in the Sunny Island (or the Not-So-Sunny-Anymore Island, at which i cannot help but smile.) I've perspired so much lesser, almost nearly never, these few days. Cept my hands and feet. Which sweat rain or shine.

2.) The colour of the sky is amazing. One of the colours I love the most, is the colour of the sky/clouds before it rains. Its dark, strong, thick.. Absolutely astounding. The sky grows darker at the times of day when it should be the brightest. The irony is that, the sky grows lighter at the times of night when it should be the dark. I've just realised that! Amazing. The darkening sky makes it especially cosy, to nap, or to even read. Yes, I actually want to read in such weather. What would top of such cosy and inviting, (while at the same time, seemingly threatening) weather, is a good cup of hot cocoa. or chocolate as they say.

C.) The pittar-pattar is amazing. While it pitta-patts at such a fast rate, somehow or rather time seems to pass slower, inside the house. We could stand having it taken down a notch, in this formula-rat-racing country.

4.) You save the money on travelling, cos its raining and you can't get out. Nuff' said.

E.) I think that walking/playing/dancing/singing in the rain is something everyone should do at least once in their life. That is really choose to be in the rain, out of your own will. Not getting caught in it and rushing OUT of it. Its something I've done once or twice, but not free and unrestrained. Always at the back of my mind is, "my mother's gonna kill me." So yes, I would love to go walking in the rain one of these days. Of cos there's the prob of how the clothes are gonna dry since there's no sun for drying.

17.) Everything combines to set the backdrop for quiet musings and contemplating. I love that. Not that I think alot, just that, well, you keep more quiet than usual. You wonder more, and you are more grateful for the sheltar you have.

I love rainy days.. tho many don't. Haha, but MYWORD i love the rain.

No comments: