Saturday 6 May 2006

The One After Mud, Tekan, and Bugs.

Yes, the Boy is back.

Haha, Its been a really long 2 weeks, but no worries, I'm safe and sound, blistered and bubbled, with scratches and rashes all around.

Its strange how well I could fit in with the forest and its insect-community. I hate insects as many know, and I was thinking I would probably spend the entire camp ARHHhhhhhhhh-ing away like I normally would 'arh'.

But lying in my little hole (which is pretty much like an open grave I've gotta say), I felt more like a tree trunk -- comfortable in its place, with the ants and the worms, and the grasshoppers, and the spiders, frolicking through it.

YUCKS!

Thank God I'm no tree trunk. Haha, but truthfully, I was pretty comfortable with the insects all around. Oh, I even saw a few fireflies. Pretty cool I've gotta say. That was for my last night. Where everyone had to dig their own trench, or as it was to me, their own open graves.

No kidding, I felt like Dracula lying in the pit, hands folded over my chest, keeping the blasted rifle safe. I couldn't turn left nor right. Just sit up to get up. Walking from point to point, you see other Dracs lying dormant beside. Mist rising, shadows long and swaying... arhhhh. Gothic.

I say the Mothers suffer the most during the camps. I brought back an entire duffel bag of dirty muddy clothes man. Every was pulling along their duffel bags, gathered in small clusters as we were heading home.

Sounds familar? Yep, cos Changi's full of such scenes. Group of stewardess walking with poise and grace, pulling their duffel bags along. It seems the Men of the Big N are preeeetee similar to the Ladies of the Big S. (That's SIA btw.)

"We train you to be men," they say.
"We pick only (society's) perfect women," they say.

Men's man and Women's woman have not much difference afterall!!

Nonsense aside, I really thank God for sustaining me. I mean, I'm a Bath Boy.

( Voice over: Bubble blowing, he destroys the scums of society with a wave of his Loofah.!!Governing Bathram City with the help of his sidekick Rahbur Duckie, evil (bacteria) trembles at his might!! He is BATHBOY!!)

Yup, that's me. (Beams with pride.) What can I say, being muddy is so not a nice feeling, but you get used to everything after awhile.

Just glad to be back.

No comments: