Wednesday 15 October 2008

Desmond and Oh-MORE-Awesome Sylar.

Hi all, please take note that my old mail, sylerrocks_lvl5@fanboy.com, is no longer in use.

Please add me at my new mail, syler_supremelyrocks_lvl5@fanboy.com.

Nuff' said.






Aww!! Come on! as if I'd give up a chance to ramble on about how great Heroes was last night! (Well, two nights ago, but who's counting?)

*Heroes Season 3 Spoilers*

The episode last night (I'm not counting) was supremely awesome! I'm loving morally gray!Syler, and even more so when he leans towards the good!Syler side. And my word, do I love Cristine Rose, the actress who plays Angela Petrelli. Manipulative, scheming mother of the Petrelli brothers, and apparently, Syler.

From the first season when she was drunk!Angela, crazy woman who favored Nathan over Peter, to the manipulative head of The Company now... I've got to say I'm really falling in love with her.
First off, Cristine Rose is a superb actress, and she's made Angela to be a great morally gray character. And I think that Sylar protecting her from her crazy, stupid and should-die-now, youngest son Petey, is supremely awesome.
And HRG, well. I'm somewhat glad that he's still a jerk at heart. I swear, it's not that I love the morally-gray people, because on some level, they all are. But Sylar, HRG, and Mama Petrelli are really standing out for me.

Still... bad, bad HRG for trying to get rid of Syler. BAD. Just too bad I love you too much to want you to die.

And speaking bout bad, Adam Bad Monroe is bad... I mean, back. Sorry, that was my bad. (Shaymus: Oo! Bad joke Desmond. Bad joke. Desmond: Shut up and drink your decaf!)

And while 2 entries and a week ago I was complaining about him, I've gotta say he was great in last night's episode. He made the Hiro scenes bearable, and to a certain extent, enjoyable. Yea, yea, I'm disgusted by myself too.

I loved seeing Claire being a softie under the toughie exterior she's been putting up. Aww Claire, you're just like Uncle Syler, aren't you? You big ol' softie. Awww.

And her adopted-mummy-dearest was the toughest non-hero there ever was on the show.
And her birth-mummy-dearest was a good-enough tough-enough hero who became a victim on the show. (Yes, it's confusing, but watch the next episode, I hear it's good!)

Obviously our friendly-neighbourhood-snooze-fest-Mohinder was a bore. And it was kinda gross. Is he somehow manufacturing the sticky webs with his dead skin cells and chocolate milk? Seriously, like, eww. And I'm kinda sad Maya was stupid enough to be own-ed by him.

Still, this episode was a marked improvement from the previous ones. Everyone was more in-character, Syler, Angela and HRG stole the show, the major twists being laid out, and Peter was almost non-existent!! Now if we could get Mohinder and Hiro to be almost non-existent, that'd be great.

No comments: