Tuesday 16 December 2008

Desmond and the Spelling of 'Christmas'.

LOOK!! LOOK!

(If I could somehow take the Christmas baubles and fit them into both my 'lOOks', I would!)

Since my Irish obsession started a few years ago (thank you Ronan Keating & The Corrs), my homepage has been Yahoo!Uk&Ireland. Yes, all part of recreating an experience with a click of a mouse.

A few days ago, after feeling a little underwhelmed by the festive spirit on our sunny island, I noticed the Christmas animations on my Yahoo!Uk&Ireland homepage. The Yahoo! logo had snow flakes falling all over it, and then the 'OO's turned into shiny Christmas baubles that glimmered a couple of times before holly drooped down over the 'Y'. I grinned happily, the fanboy in me re-awakened (especially after a few weeks of crappy Heroes).

Then I did a quick check with Yahoo!Sg and found that the fanboy-awakening animations were not universal on the Yahoo! pages. i.e yahoo!sg got no nice x'mas animation, lah.

I checked again just a while ago, and there still isn't anything remotely Christmas-sy.

But to be fair, Christmas is probably a bigger thing in the West.

Anyways, we make our own cheer, right? I'll decide about the future Christmas-es when they come... but for this year, I'm glad to be home in S'pore. Even if there's no snow, Christmas trees, lights, or candy canes... Christmas is still coming.

(Don't you just hate it when people spell 'Christmas' as 'X'mas'? It irritates the crap out of me. Just something for you to think about. Happy X'mas guys!)

No comments: