Tuesday 9 December 2008

Desmond and The Wet Road Un-Nap.

It rained heavily on Sunday night, and it lasted through the whole of yesterday. I slept early on Sunday night... probably earlier than my brother, which was a little strange since he was the one who was leaving at 6 the next morning for camp.

I woke up in the middle of the night and the pouring rain, and wondered, "Why am I sleeping on my parents bed? ... Oh right, because I just wanted a nap at 10PM. And if I slept in my parents room, they'd wake me up at 11 so they could sleep."

Obviously I was wrong, but it was a great sleep. I love that it rains when I'm sleeping, even if I don't know it's raining. And I love waking up and realising that it's stormy outside, and then going right back to sleep. Oh what the heck. I love that it rains even when I'm not sleeping.

So when I finally woke up, I was pleased to hear the pitter patter of the rain, splitter splatter outside. One of the best sounds ever. Drippetty Drop.

And it lasted the entire day, which had me staring out at the wet roads at night. I love wet roads. (I know it's dangerous for drivers, but I don't mean I love wet roads because it increases the probability of a vehicle with two or four wheels skidding off the intended direction it is travelling towards, and disrupting it's course of motion and trajectory or whatever crazy physics theory).

I simply mean I love wet roads. Because they reflect the lights of the street lamps, the head and tail lights of cars passing, (which also creates the crisp sound of tyres over puddles of water) and the lights of the (many, MANY) buildings we have here (UGH!).

Still, wet roads are so nice to look at, especially at night.

Note to self: Nobody normal naps at 10pm.

No comments: