Monday 13 April 2009

Desmond and Good News Singapore. (With Sydney Pictures).

I realised I have no real pictures of GNS. With the crowds or during worship or the audience!! Oh well.

These past few days have been tiring. But so worth it. I have to say I miss GNS already. I walked out of the stadium reluctantly last night... certainly wasn't something I expected. It's been so long since we've done such a big event, and to be honest I've never seen so many people accepting the salvation call. (In COI, we were always backstage so I never got to see the throngs of people).

It's crazy. Good crazy. People crowded in desperation, hands thrown up in need... God's amazing. The messages were so simple, so easy to understand. And isn't that what the gospel is about anyways? Accessible by all men, for all men. No other clutter attached to God's simple truth.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."
So many things got me thinking over the past three days. And I don't have answers for everything. But somehow seeing the good that did happen reminded me that God is good. He's seriously good. And even with the things I don't understand, I know this: I can trust in the character of God.

Aside from all the amazing things God has been doing, I think another reason I loved GNS was because the days and company, reminded me a little of Sydney and the Hillsongs conference. At the Acer Arena the entire day; then at Gloria Jeans or some hotel lobby, eating simply and sharing food. Then pretty cool music (Planet Shakers at GNS, and Hillsongs at... erm... Hillsongs) and then taking photos in a stadium.

And God's the same God in Sydney and in Singapore.


I'm sorry for the Sydney photos. But I really had nothing GNSy to post!

I can't remember who suggested taking the photo, but I do remember why we took it. Because this man was at the conference everynight, urshering us in with a huge smile. Has little to do with the fact that he was on a wheelchair, but much to do with the servanthood he displayed.

Because I have no pictures from GNS, I'll use this to thank the many people who served at GNS. From the logistics and AV crew who were there setting up, to the ushers and choir and many others who helped made the event run properly, to the consolidators and data-input people who worked through the wee hours of the morning. It's so great to see church members working well together.

Victory Family Centre.

6 comments:

Charis said...

Charis likes this post. (Y) and thnk you for encouraging me w this post! (:

des said...

(:

dot said...

thankyou for the sydney photos. i really really miss it and the sydneysizers. if only everyday was a sydney day...ok no, we'd be broke. haha. but you know what i mean! :D jiayou for your exams :)

des said...

Yea i miss sydney too. :( haha, I was trying to find a conference photo with everyone inside but I realised we didn't take any! Or I couldn't find any...

But yea, I miss sydney and the sizers. :(

angel said...

ME THREE! I miss Sydney too :D
and yea, i remember the guy also.. he was ushering everyone with huge smiles at the escalator! The second last picture with all of you is really nice :)

... and looking at all your pictures, omg i really look very different now!
MISS YOO!

des said...

YES. I MISS YOU TOO ANGEL. MY EXAMS ARE ENDING SOON WE COULD HAVE HAD OVERNIGHT ACTIVITY AGAIN WITH THE 4AM GANG! ): but i'm glad you're having fun in perth too. ((: