Friday 3 April 2009

Desmond and the Jones Conclusion.

Newcastle to name Alan Shearer as Manager.

Woohoo!!

I don't watch much soccer. (Okay. Lying. I don't watch ANY soccer at all.) But I do have a team I support -- Newcastle. It was the first team I knew, and Alan Shearer was the guy who started it all for me. (Not like it became a huge part of my life eventually.)

The WorldCup 98' was the only time I actively watched soccer matches with my dad, and like alot of other people, I was rooting for England, and Shearer was captain then. (I could be wrong, considering I don't even remember who took the cup.)

Anyways, it's nice to see he'll be in charge of Newcastle for awhile.

On a sidenote... It dawns on you, just how old you are, when you look at pictures of your childhood heroes and realise they've aged. Indiana Jones, anybody?

No comments: