Wednesday 25 March 2009

Desmond and the Wet Mile.

I played in the rain today.

Well, if you take "played" to mean "ran", that is.

I got caught in the rain was waiting under shelter, and it didn't look like the rain was letting up anytime soon, so I decided to make a run for it. Anyhow, I make a bad estimate of distances and rain intensity and so was caught in the pouring rain longer than I expected.

Halfway through the run, I started grinning happily to myself, because playing in the rain is a big joy for me. (Assuming the aforementioned definition of "play" still stands.) But I quickly realised how stupid it was to run in the rain, because today was the first time in the past few days that I've felt a little better.

Still, I'd love to run wild in the rain come another day, when I'm less sickly and when there are less people staring.

3 comments:

des said...

yea. Dashboard confessionals have stolen my heart

Joash said...

haha i love to walk in the rain.
it used to be my pasttime when i was younger.

des said...

So fun right!! Just that afterwards your socks become wet and I hate that feeling.