Thursday 2 July 2009

Desmond and the Flickrish.

I like hanging out at Flickr. It's a hobby that on most days is obsessive. I sometimes spend hours just photo-surfing.

But it's more than looking at that one picture. I love scrolling through someone's photostream. (That would be Flickrish for 'album'). It says a lot. I learn a lot about some stranger who's willing to share little tidbits of his/her life with me. And I'm not obliged to react.

It's a window into a different view of the world. Often, it's crazy and wacky. And it does not overwhelm you. They accompany their photos with clever lines, which is always a welcome in my book. Like "Can't believe Pluto has been downgraded! My faith in science has gone. (must do religious backflip)". Or "Even after all the cosmetic surgery, Molly couldn't change the fact that inside she was still an awkward primate. And, "Before the cleaning lady comes to make my bed... man I'm spoilt. Thanks Tourism Queensland."

All that said, I have to admit this has got to be the longest I've worked on an entry. I've been feeling a great desire to write, but I've just about run dry discussing my love for rainy weather. Not that that's a written agreement to never blog about it again, because it is my blog.

I know this entry reads jump-ily, but I've typed each part in blotches of concentration. Yes, that will be my official excuse. And I want to go on rambling randomly. Really, I do. But all good things must come to an end.

And if even good things end, then nonsense should too.

-Dear me, am I tired.

No comments: