Wednesday 29 July 2009

Desmond and the Perpetual Tick-Tock.

It's not a lament of my aging existence on this bright blue-green marble... but really, time flies.

Put aside those 21 years that tick-tock perpetually in my mind's ear, nagging about how old I'm getting. Put that all aside, and just consider that my holidays are ending. (It pains me to even type it out.)

I still have a lot unaccomplished... a lot I wished I'd done, but my consolation is that the holidays have yet to end. And till then, I have the chance to make up for lost time.

Although, I must also say this: I hardly think I've wasted and squandered my holidays away. It has just been spent in a way contrary to what I had imagined it to be. Just because a different purpose has been fulfilled, hardly subtracts from fruitfulness.

(This individual knows it is a premature end to the entry, but he insists on stopping now. Because denial is the cheapest plastic surgery, ever. And if you never look into the mirror, you'll never see yourself age.)

3 comments:

dot said...

I suddenly wanna go for exchange now. haha, after seeing all my friends' photos on fb! :(

ogay, random

des said...

yea, me too. very very much. haha, although not because of my friend's photos on fb. haha. but still...

JasonT said...

I'm definitely going on one when I enter varsity! Though that's a long time coming but, since time flies... haha