Thursday 30 September 2010

Desmond and the Spider Convention.


Where do spiders go to die? My house, I'd say. There are so many of them here it's like I've bumbled none-the-wiser into Ireland during their Annual Spiders' Convention: Charlotte -- Webbed or Webber?

And naturally, the elitist in me feels a great need to mark my boundaries. But spiders don't respond to pee-demarcations as dogs do. And unfortunately for me, my fight or flight instinct varies according to what I'm wearing. You'll never catch me stomping a spider in shorts and slippers. That's like walking into the Cullen house with a paper-cut.

(Yes. I made a Twilight reference. Bite me. --WOH-HO! And I'm on a roll!)

But it's true, spiders are meant to be fought with whilst wearing the right equipment. Because the spiders here are huge asses. No, I mean they actually have large bottoms and long legs. I wonder if they feel pressured by Sunny-island Spiders, to maintain that elusive size 2, or size 0.
What? So they're spiders, but they're not that different than Humans I assure you. Those little buggers have freaking conventions discussing the nature of great literary characters!

Which is why you must never, never underestimate a spider.
Especially when you're wearing shorts and flip-flops.

(Irish fun-fact#3: They have so many many rainbows!)

2 comments:

col said...

did you take that peekture yourself??

des said...

haha yea!! i want to touch a rainbow!