Saturday 27 December 2003

Blessed Assurance, Jesus is mine
Oh what a foretaste, Of Glory divine
Heir of salvation, purchase of God
Born of His spirit, washed in His blood.


This is my story
This is my song
Praising my Savior
All the day long


This song has been in my head for like few days now.Suddenly all the old songs coming back to me.

Went for morning prayer today.. wow.. after so long.. it sure feels weird abit. More or less the ppl coming are the same.. with a few additions and a few subtractions.

Today.. I prayed for et. Nope.. not esther tan.. but east timor. Was reading her blog just and i understand what she means abit.

As i was praying.. i thought i would be praying like.. a singaporean kind of prayer.. as in.. since-i'm-not-there-anymore..I-wouldn't-be-as-moved-as-i-was-in-east-timor kind of thing. BUT i was so over taken by the feelings i got as i prayed.

Literally its like being there and praying and feeling the burden so real and its like east timor ground is under your feet and the east timor air is blowing in your face and the locals are just in front of you. The prayer was as emotional as when i was in east timor.. if not more emotional.

Definately not something i expected.

Not trying to lament again that i miss east timor.. But I'm shocked at how i could still pray so emotionally for that place despite being back for like 1 over week now. And i know its not me. Its God. Oh kay.. I also have to admit that I'm shocked at how NOT-shocked i was still being so emotional. I really have no words to describe.. don't know how to put into words.

As i prayed for timor.. once again my problems seemed so distant and small and i felt so close to timor. Like said.. i felt as though i was in east timor itself. And i understand abit bout the outward looking part. As i closed my eyes and saw east timor before me.. all my problems were......." Where art thou?? where art thou problems of the one called desmonde..?

God uses east timor to show me that my problems don't matter as much as God's work, as God's glory, as GOD does. Not our petty problems.I'm not saying they are not real.. but He's God. He solves stuff. Let God be God.

It's ALL about Him.
Amen.

No comments: