Thursday 1 January 2004

I can't think of a song.

I will not pretend to feel the pain you're going through
I know I cannot comprehend the hurt you've known
And I used to think it mattered if I understood
But now I just don't know

But I will carry you to Jesus
He is everything you need
I will carry you to Jesus on my knees

And if you need to cry go on and I, I will cry along with you, yeah
I've given you what I have but still I know the best thing I can do
Is just pray for you


I want to carry people to You. Give me big hands Lord.
I want to feel their hurting and carry them to You. Give me a big heart Lord.
I want to forgive. Give me Your heart Lord.
I want to see beyond the worthlessness of this world and to look to you. Give me eyes for only you.
I want to be able to listen to them. Give me big ears and a willing spirit.

I want to be carried by You. I want to be held in Your arms. I want to listen to You. I want to see the things You see. Amen.

Jealousy? Vainity? Pride? These tear down the body of Christ. When you see it.. sometimes it hurts sooooo much.. and sometimes you do it too.. and it hurts more. That's how much God hurts when He sees it. Forgive me Lord and give me the grace.
Amen.

No comments: