Tuesday 13 January 2004

In Your presence I am content
In Your presence I am content
In Your presence there is life
Expressions of Your love
Revelations of Your power and might
In Your presence I can bring
A love song offering
In the presence of my King


CAUTION: Do not continue if you haven't watched school of rock and would not like to know some parts of the story. Or else, just read on lah.. =)

I watched School of Rock yesterday. Tell you the truth.. i tink it was pretty sad stuff to me also.. other than funny.

Maybe it was the mood i was in when i watched it. But there was this part, where this boy was lectured by his father, and he didn't say anything about it to anyone in class.. so they went on to have fun, totally forgetting that there was a downcast boy in their midst.

There was another part this girl with an awesome voice didn't want to sing no more, because she felt they would laugh at her for being FAT. No one knew she felt embarressed being fat. They made fun of her.

This chinese boy didn't want to join the band because no one talked to hjm. he thougt he wasn't cool. No one knew he felt that way. They made fun of him.

The principal was initially a jovial, and 'hip' lady. But her responsiblities made her renounce that side of her. And no one knew. No one knew. They made fun of her.

I cried at the show. Stupid? I dunno. I cried throughout many parts of the show. I guess i saw the other side of the movie. So many times in real life that's how we operate. We don't see the hurts people go through. We don't care abit for how they feel. We just go on living our lives, thinking everything is okay.

There are some ppl that, i really want to help.I duno. Its like you know they are hurting, but you can do nothing to help. I cried; silly i know. I'm so insensitive to them. I keep looking inward. Time to look out. Look beyond.

God, give me vision to see the hurting. Give me a pair of listening ears. Give me an encouraging mouth that speaks what You would. Give me hands to be able to hold ppl-- literally and also to be able to lift them up in prayer to You. Give me a heart that feels for the ppl, like You do. Give me a mind that can discern and is wise enough to always lead them back to You. Give me a broad shoulders (naturally if You want, but spiritually and in a manner of speech) , that I may be able to lend others to cry on.

I want to help them God. Help me help. Help me help the way they can accept it and the way You would want me to.
Amen.

No comments: