Monday 12 January 2004

Just one glimpse of Your glory
Just one touch of Your hand
And I will never be the same
Cause' God's Spirit is flowing through my veins.

We sing glory to the Father
Glory to the Son
Holy Spirit Fill us up until we are one
Like a fire Burn inside of us
Consuming every pain
As we lift our voice in woship
We will never be the same


This my friends.. is one awesome song. I fell in love with this song when Sharon led it at service. I couldn't rmb hearing this song then.. but at tt point of time i could catch it. Its such a simple song. Melody's simple. Words are simple. I think i can rmb wad Sharon wore tt day. Orange i think. It just stayed in my mind. Not Sharon. DUH. The song.

They sang it last night at power night...... wah..... but i needed to go bathroom... okay okay.. washroom.. not bathroom.. same anyway.....when i came back they were only sang for awhile more before changing.

Just one glimpse.. and Just one touch.. I always thot this was the flaw in the song. I mean.. hello?! One touch will never be enough. One glimpse will never be enough. But then as i sang it in the shower and at home and before net., as i'm trying to fit this song in to worship..(but never able too, that's pretty much besides the point though.), i realised the composer wasn't satisfied. But he was desperate. He was hungering and he was craving and he was longing and he was desiring and he was wanting.... wanting wanting wanting to draw close to the Almighty. So much so that he didn't mind if it was just one time. Because all that matter was at tt point of time-- at that instant, before God.. it would just be ALL about him and God. Nothing and no one else.

Never be the same. It spoke of choice to me.

Often I realised i've met with God, but haven't taken the encounter and using it as a stepping stone to meet again with Him and to do His work. That's why I'm not satisfied. I don't even take the meeting with God-- the glimpse and touch and use it to spur me on. I should be taking the meeting and keep it and use it to say, " God, this is what You have done.I'm thankful.. I'm keeping it.. and I'm going to use it to help me grow. But this encounter shows that You can do much more than just this.. and that's the reason why i want more."

And i will never be the same... I want to catch a glimpse, feel His touch.. and CHOOSE to let it change me. I don't want to be resistant no more. Let us be humble and humbled people before Him, that He can mould us to be ppl that reflect His wisedom and creativity and briliance; just like a master peice reflects how well the artist is at His work.
Amen.

No comments: