Saturday 10 January 2004

There is a longing only You can fill
A raging tempest only You can still
My soul is thirsty Lord
To know You as I'm known
Drink from the river
That flows before Your throne


There is a longing only You can fill. A raging tempest only You can still.
Nothing else can satisfy me the way He does. Yea.. sure.. other stuff satisfy too, but they don't bring the kind of satisfaction He brings. I've been like a storm this whole day. So many feelings and thoughts. But its time to be still before the King.

Take me deeper
Deeper in love with You
Jesus hold me close in Your embrace
Take me deeper
Deeper than I've ever been before
I just want to love You more and more
How I long to be deeper in love.


Deeper than I've ever been before. I just want to love You more and more. Man.. this day wasn't easy, and even at times I just felt I didn't love God enough. Wasn't close enough. But I think God's singing this lines back to me. He's saying, "My love is sufficient." People.. His grace is sufficient, His love is sufficient. We have that strength to move on.. when ppl don't understand, when people seem to bluntly say things, His love is sufficient.

Sunrise to Sunrise
I will seek Your face
Drawn by the Spirit
To the promise of Your grace
My heart has found in You
A hope that will abide
Here in Your presence
Forever satisfied


My heart has found in You, a hope that will abide. Here in Your presence, forever satisfied. The hope in Christ. Have we lost it? Have we grown weary to the point we cannot believe that He is able anymore? The hope He brings... It abides. has abided, is abiding, will continue to abide. Bro stanley preached on being in the house of God. Have we been taking a yea-been-there-done-that, nothing-can-surprise-me attitude? I don't know.

I think i have. Today at morning prayer, lukewarmness popped in my head.God reminded me about lukewarm-ness. The kind of lukewarm-ness that comes out of being in the church all the time till the extent it becomes routine. Not saying we shld spend time NOT being in church. NO. But its really our attitude and heart. God is an exciting God. I don't want to place Him in a box and every service open the lid and say," ALLO ALLO! Yah.. so at the 7th song, and the 3rd line.. You can come out and touch us all.. Yah.. I knew You were planning to do that."..

Heal God heal. Fix God fix. Mend God mend. Speak God speak. God..be God.
Amen.

No comments: