Wednesday 2 June 2004

The Overtime entry.

WOA. My third entry in like such a short span!! I'm bloggee bloggee-ing blogger!

Ok, rmbing that i'm a retrospective person, if i'm using the right word, and i like to look back. Sometimes that's not good. Makes you live in your past. But sometimes that is good! Especially when you choose to see God in the picture.

You see, I realised one thing that night. God works overtime for me. Yes. Overtime. I mean if you actually look at it this way, His job was to save us. That's all. We're supposed to be for His pleasure. But i realised He's been working overtime in my life.

When I forget to study for tests, and i fail, but still score better than ppl who do.. He's working overtime.

When I have too much work, and i haven't completed them, and my teacher unkowingly only collects those i did, He's working overtime..

When I'm down and grouchy, He works overtime by sending me ppl i never expect to cheer me up. And the strangest thing is that they don't know it. He sent kids that day, playing among themselves!

When I'm feeling cold and alone, He works overtime by sending love msges to me. So mushy.. hahahhahah.. but, yea, love msgs from His self-written book. I mean, cool,I know a famous Author!

When someone gives me a treat to teh-beng or milo-beng, God's working overtime.

When someone offers to share food with me cos i'm broke and hungry, God's working overtime.

When someone gives me a pat on the shoulder, God's working overtime.

When I have someone to eat dinner with me, or go for sunday afternoon teh break with me, He's working overtime.

When He gives me just enough money for the month,to pay what i need to with allowance for indulgences like Sakae and movies, I know for sure He's working overtime.

When I make it to sch on time for sch, He's working overtime..

And you realise one thing? In these 'happenings', if it involves ppl, more than half the time they don't even realise how grateful I am, yes yes... cos I'm heartless, unfeeling, and always ALWAYS wearing a black long face right? But it just amazes me that they dunno how much exactly they've made me feel so high.. and that's becos God is working overtime.

When someone thanks me and says. " You msged me when i was feeling horrible, and it really cheered me up..", I know God worked overtime..

When i give someone a teh-beng treat, even tho im broke, I know God worked overtime..

When a short prayer for someone is answered, I know God worked overtime..

And i have so much more things i've been through where i know God has been working overtime, but the thing is, have i been grateful and thankful?

I pray i will be.

That when everything goes well, I will be thankful and i will know God is working overtime. That when everything goes awry, I will be thankful and i will know God is working overtime to get soemthing done. That when nothing happens at all, i will be thankful and know that God is working overtime to make something happen.

That God is working overtime, all the time. Becuase He loves you so much. More than you can imagine.

No comments: