Friday 10 December 2004

The One with aftermath.. or afterecons.. of Youth Camp 2004

Yep, I'm back from Youth Camp 2004, 24/7. Haha, super shacked. It was a very unusual camp for me, cos i feel its like extremes, in terms of fun, experience.. haha..

I had alot of fun with my roommates.. of the extended rooms. We opened the linking doors so i guess that counts, joel, john, jerome and caleb part of my room too. Really a great deal of fun, and TV watching.. this boy from region D, job lee.. he's a great Tv expert man. Haha, he knows all the background of the TV shows.. Ok, can you believe it? We stayed in P3 and P4.. so conincidence right?? The P3 staying in P3. haha.. no one believed us when we told them.

This camp, was one of my most down-to-earth camps. It wasn't feelings.. crying, laughing.. but just one where, despite the lack of feelings and feeling God, it was one of just.. quietness and rest in His presence. This is probably the first camp where I've tasted so great the presence of God, without crying, laughing.. screaming even.

I was part of the group on the right.. like Sheena was. Haha, actaully i dunno if i was part of that group. But all i know was, that day.. I was behind sheena, and some people around me were just crying and screaming.. I can't describe God's presence that day as strong.. cos the word that comes first to mind is sweetness. I just knelt there, and there was a very addicitive sweetness around me. A quietness, and a rest. I didn't feel 'high'. I didn't feel 'love', not that God doesn't love me.. But i just felt such a rest. A sweet rest. And i'm not talking about me too tired falling asleep in altar call. I was very aware of where i was and what i was doing.

Anyways, stuff happened.. God's good. Food there wasn't really good. You know, Rompin food was better.. but i guess what i hated most bout Rompin was the travelling time, so I'm ok with CS. Regardless, despite not much of feeling God.. at least i'm confident of His presence. i Dunno how to describe it la.. of having no feelings but knowing for sure God's presence was there. You get what i mean.

Oh yah, i had a few scares too. Haha, on the last night. but that's another story.. Anyways, i've gotta say THANK GOD man, i got promoted. =) God is good. I did so much praying.. like saying God I have faith I have faith. But this morning before i called. I admitted to Him. I have no faith. Cos with my standards arh.. wah lau. So badly done. So i just told Him that I really felt that i was going to fail. But I also asked Him to help me trust Him, and have faith. So yah, voila. I'm promoted all thanks to God!

Btw, i passed econs.. out of maths and econs. haha.. altho you might have guessed from the title. I just give simply good titles. hahahahha..

No comments: