Saturday 9 July 2005

Of billiard tables and concrete slabs.

And yes, also off sore fingers, and a sore back.

This morning, I woke up dreadfully early to go and carry, in my impression, wood. Of cos, we reached and i got an awful shock to see, 10 concrete slabs. Oh, at first glance, the slabs look light enough. I mean, they look like light, heavy slabs. At most 4 ppl carrying one slab. BOY was I Wrong. Like 10 ppl carrying one slab, huffing and puffing till the house comes down.

It was so heavy la. And I think, haha, I didn't really do much. I'm pretty weak.. Probably the weakest among all the 10.

We were all injured, someway or another.. feet steping on toenails, on other feet. Bruises, bad backs.. Haha, my ego was certainly injured a great deal at being so weak, and haha, for leaving my sweaty palm prints very clearly on the slabs. All 10.

When we were stacking the slabs on top of one another, i happened to misjudge my holding space. And the slab was slaPPed down (bad pun. i know.) on my fingers. Haha, being the gung ho guy, act cool. I really thought I could just slide it out. After all, most of the time with other stuff you can. But after awhile, like 3 secs, (haha.. i dunno. anyhow say a time. ) i couldn't pull my fingers out and the pain was setting in i went. ARGH!! Sounded like a shortened version of my ARGH in youthcamp last year.

Everyone seemed to stop, at least to me, and they lifted it up, freeing my fingers. And someone went DES!!!!

I was really shocked at that Someone's reaction. He seemed so angry for that moment. Haha, but i like him. He's a really nice uncle la. And I know he was so upset with me cos i never listen and watch my fingers. In that split moment i thought of God.

I wondered, could it be that He too gets really angry with me when I fall down and hurt myself. Perhaps He's angry cos, He doesn't want me to get hurt, and He warned me and I didn't listen. Or was too careless. Of cos, after a few moments of thinking, I realised God wouldn't be angry with me. Probably just really really disaapointed.

My finger tips are abit sore now still. Haha, its like kiap-ping your fingers with something really kiap-pish. Haha, but i caught a glimpse of who God is, and the intensity of His worry when we choose to disobey.

But i wouldn't want it again. haha, i dun wanna kiap my fingers. I told declan that i thought the night before that the stuff would fall on me and i would wake up in a coma and lose the use of my legs. Haha, so scarrrrreeeee.

Oh well. Billiard table. AHhhhhhhhhh.

No comments: