Wednesday 30 November 2005

The One About the Camp.

Yep, I'm joining the (probable) scores of people blogging about the camp. This year's budget camp has been definitely fun. It's been a pretty amazing time, and definitely refreshing.

One of the most amazing things about this camp, is that I actually really ran around, and threw my heart, soul, AND sole, into the treasure hunt and the other games (cept' for B.O.S -- its the only time i can slack.) I say sole, becos i came back home to pluck out a small peice of glass from the sole of my feet. (OUCH.)

Of cos, you may think i played only cos I had to, since i was the assistant leader. Haha, which is not really true. I got quite a pleasant shock when i heard i was gonna be assistant leader, since every year, i join the ranks of SLACKERS in games. To be all excited and 'on' for games is just so not me. But this yearI was really quite pleased with the games altho there were many flaws and debatable winners. But, its just a game.

Food was bad tho.. Really bad. Its one of the worst in the many camps we've been in. Of cos, the worst still in kukup, nothing beats the vomit scrabbled eggs.

And we had to pay for our shirt, and we had no busing back from east coast. BUT despite all these, this year's camp was really fun. Like said, I really enjoyed the (most) of the games, I had nice room mates, had a really fun and hilarious time talking late into the night with all the region guys. K, they were talking, declan and i were falling asleep. But the fellowship was really fun... I guess if I were to describe the camp with one word, it would be meaningful. The fellowship was truly meaningful, like the whole region was so close. I like that feeling. :)

Of cos, the sessions were really good. To be honest, when i heard pastor miguel was preachin, i was abit scared, and sceptical, cos his prayers are all so long... I entered camp with a mix of anticipation and scepticism. I knew I needed something, just couldn't pinpoint what exactly. I was excited about leading a group, but worried I couldn't convince them to be enthu, or actually play. My mind acted out so many possiblities of how the camp would go before i actually went. Good, bad, mediocre, superb, dissapointing for me... SO MANY MY HEAD JUST EXPLODES MAN!!

But beyond that, I knew one thing for sure. I needed to go for the camp. I needed God, still need actually, more than ever.

God did meet me. He heard every single thing I asked Him for. I asked Him for specific things, and He gave me that, AND MORE.

I dunno what to say. I'm speechless at His love. His forgiveness. His Father nature. His Brother nature. His Spirit, and Best Friend nature. I'm amazed by His big hands, and big legs. His big heart. I'm blowned away by His power, His plans for me.

I'm so humbled by His greatness and my weakness. I'm so thankful He loves me, still, and despite all my horrible horrible messes. I'm speechless. How is it, He can still use a wretched soul like me. How He chooses to.

I stand amazed. So amazed. His love is so deep, so wide, so great.
I'm sorry the entry is so long, but, i just am so reluctant to stop typing about His greatness. I mean... I know He is real. I know it. I know it so well. Becos He's too specific to be a coincidence. His love is so deep so deep.

My Daddy of many chances.
My Big Brother of unmeasureable love.
My Best Friend who's always there, always listening.

I'm speechless.
k, not really since i've typed so much, but this is not anywhere near the amazement i wish to express about His love.

His forgiving, second chances, love........

No comments: