Wednesday 8 March 2006

The One about the Defeat.

If you know me, you'll know I'm a boy (soon to be man.) who is afraid of alot of stuff. Crazy hyperactive dogs, like er hem, you know who. Speaking in public... and cockroaches. To name a few...

In my defense, i'm not afraid of big, quiet, stoic dogs. Yizai, on the other hand, is a big, stoic-looking dog, who is alittle mad, i've gotta say. I'm sorry John... since that day he wanted to eat us up, he has join the dog brigade of hypercanine i wish to never go near in my life.

Haha, you get the point.

I've always tried to confront my fears. In genting camp a few years back, we went to the theme park. I sat only 3 rides, and i was out. Altho, out of those 3, my favourite was the spaceshot, where you sit in these seats, and they plunge you upwards into the air.

I do try and confront my fears. Even public speaking. The classic story of me, wanting to confront it, in a school assembly. I ended up stammering away. I will always remember how i started.

"GOOd......... AFTernoon....... Sir. I am........... Desmond........ from 04A**."

That's not a swear word btw, its to hide my true identity. Haha.. Mygoodness, I made a fool out of myself. But i try to face my fears.

Out of the many fears I have, the one i can never face is the (K)ockroack. I tried once last year; i sprayed and sprayed and sprayed like there was no tmr for me, if the cockroach lived. Fortunately for me, tho the cockroach survived after the psycho-spraying, i still had a tmr.

Last night, I saw a cockroach in my kitchen. You see, normally, I would leave it, and go to sleep, or wake my mom up. But I thought, what better way to face my fears than to kill it? I folded newspapers, and I threw it at the roach. But as it is, I'm not good at daytona, tank-destroying games, and I'm a bad shot. I missed TERRIBLY.

The next 30 minutes, was spent, walking around the house looking for bygone or mortein(?), NEITHER OF WHICH I FOUND. Judging from the way I used it the last time, and still was not successful, my mom probably thot, why bother. So i walked up and down the house, perspiring at 2 plus, saying to myself, DESMOND YOU CAN DO THIS.

I finally got the mop, and i started to whack the fella. It was running around, as i kept nudging it, and i finally turned it over, but i couldn't bring myself to step on it. Not out compassion mind you. Fear. Haha.. Anyways, i kept going. Cos it flipped itself over.

"Come on Desmond, You've been perspiring, and walking around for almost 30 min. You're not gonna waste all of that by backing out now."

So i kept nudging it. Until it ran behind the dustbin, and i nudged it. AND TWO. Yes, that's ONE, TWO, cockroaches came scurrying out. Needless to say, I went scurrying out of the kitchen, defeated.

Arh.... the grossest thing about cockroaches is that apparently, they can survive an atomic bomb. Now that's scary.

Ok, sorry this was such a long entry. It will probably a really long time till I next blog tho.. till then, Batman, and Keating Rocks.

Batman and Keating!
Up up and away!

No comments: