Saturday 24 February 2007

Desmond and the Soccer Route.

Here's a little tidbibt: To reach my house, I have to walk past a basketball court, where kids/students/grown adults play soccer. We don't have no soccer court you see.

Anyways, I hate walking down that path beside the court, cos there's no fencing on that side of the court. And it's sorta a neighbourhood thing, that if a soccer ball flies out of the court, and onto the path, the guy on the path will get the ball for the players.

It's unspoken, and everyone abides by it... mainly becos, the entire court, and their spectator buddies will first look at the ball, then at you. Which is really no pressure at all for you to get the ball.

Here's the thing. If you know me, I have no ball sense whatsoever. There's a reason why people fall off laughing when i say I watched a soccer match, or played soccer.

Hold on to your seats as go on.

Now, the last time i played soccer was last year. (yes, yes, if you haven't fallen off, you may let go of your seats. If you have fallen, well... get up.)

The last time I played, I happened to do what is known as a Slide.

Anyways, a few things were happening in that split second.
a.) me being stunned, knowing that I have done something that was stun-worthy.
b.) my friends being stunned. knowing that I have made a slide, that was stun-worthy .
c.) and that slide being the first by anyone in 3 games.

And amidst all the confusion, I heard my friend say, "I'm sure he didn't mean to do that."

He was right.

I merely tripped over myself, and happened to fall so nicely it looked like i was sliding, and it happened that the ball was where I was sliding towards.

So then, knowing that this kinda things happen rarely, I don't expect to be sliding the next (hundred) soccer balls that come flying out of the court and towards me when I walk home in the near future.

That's why I rush by that route.

Haha, such a long story just to say that.
Haha whatever.

No comments: