Sunday 11 March 2007

Desmond and the Spilled Water.

A few days back, as I was topping up a container with water, I spilled it, pouring it all over the floor, cabinets, under the table mats, and myself and blah blah...

Even tho it was just water, and I definitely would have known how to deal with it, all I could muster was a, "what just happened?!" in my mind. Then I stared at the mess for awhile, before I calmly walked out of the kitchen and said to my mom, "I spilled the water. How?"

Seriously, I know how to clean up the mess. Yet somehow, I couldn't do anything.

Sometimes, it's just the way it is. All our intellect and wit will fail us, sometimes even with the things we know so well. And it's not wrong to not know how to deal with the simplest things. Cos real people can tire, real people can be helpless, and real people can be overwhelmed.

And that's what God is there for. He's there for us. To make up for our weaknesses. To complete us.

I could have done so many other things, rather than call on my mom. I could have cried. I mean, while they have a saying about spilled milk, the thing I spilled was water. There's no saying about that. (HAHA.)

Anyways, God is good, isn't He. :)

No comments: