Saturday 12 May 2007

Desmond and The Un-stumble.

Father, please forgive me
for I cannot compose
the fear that lives within me
or the rate at which it grows.

Struggle has a purpose
on the narrow road you've carved
Why do I dread my trespasses
will leave a deadly scar?

Do they see the fear in my eyes?
Are they so revealing?
This time I cannot disguise
all the doubt I'm feeling.

What if I stumble? What if I fall?
What if I lose my step and I make fools of us all?
Will the love continue when my walk becomes a crawl?
What if I stumble and what if I fall?

What if I stumble? What if I fall?
You never turn in the heat of it all.
What if I stumble? What if I fall?

I hear you whispering my name, You say
"My love for you will never change"

- DC Talk, What If I Stumble.

Ah. You turn up and blow me away... Even in the times I don't expect it, the times I dun see it coming.

I'll trust You.

What could I do,
What could I say?
But offer this heart Oh Lord
Completely to You.

- Hillsongs United, The Stand


Cos I have nothing else to offer to You.

And the surprising thing is, God, You'll actually take it. As messed up as it is. You'll actually take it. And You make it Yours, and You'll craft something worthy out of it. You say, "I'll take it," and "It's paid for." Then You'll work hard on it. Day and night.

Oh the love you have for such as us.

Thank You. I love You. I love You Dad.

No comments: