Sunday 27 January 2008

Desmond and The Point.

They talk about missing the point.

To me that is to do something almost entirely related to the topic at hand, but strangely, not realising that it has fallen entirely short of the actual point.

I'd like to think of it as being pitchy with regards to singing. It's like, hitting the note, but not entirely. So while there is a vague resemblance to the actual note, it is either short or long of the actual thing. (That is if 'pitchy' actually means that, cos I don't know if that is the real meaning.)

I think I might have missed the point God.
In all of the prim and proper-ness.
In trying to be the perfect boy.

I know I've missed the point of it all.

In my own desires that seem so right, yet were so wrong.
I know I've missed the point.

It's not the strength of my voice, or my hand.
Not the number of stars I can chalk up in some brownie-chart I imagined You have.
Not the way I've convinced others or myself that I'm clear of what I do.

Because I know I've missed the point of it all.

And it was always You. You were the point of it all.
You were the point of my worship.
You were the point of my prayer.
You were the point of my crying.
You were the point of my excellence.
You were the point of my love.
You were the point of my laughter.
You were the point of writing.
You were the point of my testimony.
You were the point of my giving.
You were the point of my struggles to be better.
You were the point of my conversations.
You were the point of my counsel.
You were the point of my confession.

You were the point of it all.

You are the point of my living.
You are the point of my sacrifice.

YOU ARE THE POINT OF IT ALL LORD.

I want to make it right Lord, and because You are the point of my change.

YOU ARE THE POINT GOD.

No comments: