Wednesday 14 May 2008

Desmond, Jones, Wayne and Caspian.

It only dawned on me today that Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, The Dark Knight, and Prince Caspian are coming out this year!! And two of them within weeks of each other!!

Yes, I knew the movies were coming, but i didn't know, know, you know?

It is quite plain that I like Batman, like duh... But I have never said how much I liked Indiana Jones as a kid. I guess I forgot all bout him, until last year when I heard bout KotCS, and it sorta all came back to me.

Now... I did a fair bit of re-prioritising in terms of my favourite superhero, and I'm sad to say Batsy has been bumped to whatever number follows after Dr Jones. Hey! Indy's just way too cool to come after Batman.

And as a kid, I made my own whip, got my own Fedora hat (well, as fedorish as it could get,) and imagined myself as Indiana Jones' side kick, fighting evil nazi soldiers and the like, and piecing puzzles together. Then getting similar clothes to him, and not to mention swinging from one end of the stairs to the other. (PRETENDING to swing, by tying one end of my 'whip' to the railings, then running from side to side. ) Come on man, even the theme song is as timeless as the one from Starwars!

Yes, yes... I lived the Indy-high life.

And while I've never watched all the Indiana Jones' films, I've rewatched The Last Crusade so much I blew the tape. (k haha, i exaggerate, but you get the point.) Still, here's hoping that all 3 movies will be real good.

Don't let me down Jones, Wayne and Caspian!

No comments: