Wednesday 8 October 2008

Desmond and Shortbread.

I hate school, but I'm not in a tell-it-all mood now. So I'll just skip that part and go right on.

I love shortbread!!





Forgive me for the way I jumped right into that. Believe me, I tried alot of ways to ease that in, but sometimes... you've just gotta tell it all, just the way it is.

(Oh wait... what was I saying about some mood? Oh stink, I can't remember. It must be the breakdown of my brain from strenuous activities in school everyday.)

Anyways, I've loved shortbread since young. And yes, "since-young" has also been the age that I've started wondering why it's called 'bread' when it's really a biscuit! But you know the food-world... all the pretentious names for food. As if there are dogs in hotdogs, or tomatoes in tomato puree. (Incidently, check out this link about Celine Dion and Hotdogs.)

Not that I'm going to make shortbread, or expect anyone reading to, but I'm just gonna throw in 2 links to the recipes! Well, the first link was actually for the nice, pretty picture of the shortbread. Click the picture!

And this next one is because shortbread is commonly associated with Scotland and the UK, and so is the BBC! Ergo, I've placed the BBC recipe here too! (Ireland......)

And yes smarty-pants... I know there IS tomato in tomato puree.

No comments: